Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tips For Working With Animal Spirits: Addendum

I feel so stupid for leaving this stuff out, I was just in a hurry to publish my post. Again, these posts are to help people work with animal spirits without supporting the horrific fur industry, not to condemn the use of animal parts. I work with animal parts, just look at my post on turkey bones.

Other things you can do:

-Use animal parts that can be obtained without killing the animal. This is very traditional; for example, cat and dog hair is used to make people fight. Feathers are used for communication, love, or even uncrossing, depending on the bird they came from. Black cat hair is used for good luck or stealth. I actually have a gaming hand made with fur from my black kitty-boy and it works unbelievably well. You can use fur/hair, shed claws, shed feathers, snake sheds, nail clippings, hoof trimmings... things either the animal loses naturally or which can me obtained without harm.

-Keep items with the animal whose spirit you wish to work with. This is another very traditional practice, where the hand/talisman/packet/whatever is empowered via transference. One example is keeping an item for protection under a guard dog's bed for a set number of nights.

-Use parts from animals that have already died. This means death due to natural causes, bones you find in nature, and even roadkill. Be extra careful about that last one. Pray for the animal and petition Spirit beforehand. Follow hazardous waste precautions.

No comments:

Post a Comment