Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Personal Healing Oil

Inspired by the generosity of Mama Starr, I'm going to let one of my own formulas go.

The purpose of this formula is to help those who've lost their confidence due to hardships really take hold of their life and shine. I call it "Three Crowns" or "Wisdom, Courage, and Success" as it's meant to bless one with those things. I've had such a positive experience with this oil since I first created it. It's helped me to better manage my agoraphobia and depression, and it really helps on those days where I'm just bone tired and unmotivated.

The ingredients are:

-Bay, for courage and success.
-Fennel, for mental sharpness, courage, and protection by way of heightened awareness. Some people are being taught that fennel is only for women's courage, but anyone can use it.
-Sage, for purification, protection, and wisdom.
-Dragon's Blood, it's just so positive and really adds a kick to anything you add it to. For luck, power, and protection.
-Rosemary, for purification and protection. If you are a female, rosemary will help you to regain control and power in your life.
-Goldenseal, for wisdom and protection of health. Please only buy sustainably harvested goldenseal.
-Bergamot, for mastery over your own life. Brings in the money too (success)

I really don't measure out my ingredients. If I had to give amounts, I'd say equal amounts of all the herbs, a full pinch of powdered dragon's blood or a splash of dragon's blood oil, and enough drops of bergamot to give it a nice scent without being overpowering. I rarely tint my oils, but when I make this I add some saffron to give it a nice golden glow.

First I pray to Spirit, state my petition, and pray for Spirit to empower the spirits of the herbs and oils. Next, I address the spirit of each ingredient and bless them with the sign of the cross in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I like to include Psalm 23 with everything I do. For this formula, I also like Psalms 8, 65, and 91. I pray over the oil with the cap off, so my breath blows over the oil. Between each Psalm (and during Psalm 23 for the line "thou anointest my head with oil"), I make the sign of the cross three times. I do this for a full 7 days, keeping it on my altar and asking my ancestors and spirits for assistance.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, so do you add the herbs to alcohol like vodka and then a carrier oil such as almond or grapeseed? -Andre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grind everything and add it to carrier oil, shaking the mixture every day for at least a week. I prefer to use light olive oil (virgin or extra virgin is too heavily scented) with a little vitamin E oil as a preservative. I will sometimes use sweet almond oil, evening primrose oil, and/or safflower oil, depending on the formula, but always with vitamin E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Trixie, thank you for the good share! If we don't share our work sometimes then folks want know what is real and what isn't. This is a great recipe. Thank you again for sharing it. Starr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's true. Too many people are only being taught how to work with premade products, there's no communion with the spirits, roots, and materials. A conjure worker should be able to wake up in Mongolia one day and still figure out how to work using only the native plants and other things at their disposal.

      I'm glad you like the recipe :) If you ever decide to make it, it smells *divine*.

      Delete
    2. Oh by the way, what ever happened to your blog? You probably mentioned it on the radio show, which I'm a bit behind on.

      Delete